Be responsible. Know the laws.
Rocky Mountain Cannabis in no way guarantees that the information below is definitive. Please refer to State or local law enforcement if you have questions or doubts and always refer and comply with all warning labels on product packages.
Colorado Cannabis Laws
If you're under 21, don't even think about it.
1 ounce is the limit
Cannabis products cannot leave Colorado
It ‘s illegal to consume in public
Federal land is off limits
Don’t drive high
Dispensaries are the only place to purchase
NEW MEXICO Cannabis Laws
18 years Old for medical and 21 for recreation
In New Mexico, users must be 18 years of age to purchase cannabis with a valid medical certification. Additionally, to consume cannabis recreationally in New Mexico, customers must be 21+.
Licensed retail dispensaries are the only legal place to buy cannabis in New Mexico. It is illegal for anyone without a business license to sell cannabis. It’s also unlawful for anyone to purchase cannabis from someone who doesn’t have permission to sell it. Lastly, users are only allowed up to 230 units or 8 ounces over a 90-day period.
Cannabis Bought in New Mexico stays in New Mexico
New Mexico residents cannot take cannabis across state lines, even if they go to another cannabis-friendly state.
No more than 2 ounces in possession
Recreational users can only possess or use up to 2 ounces (56 grams) of flower, 16 grams of concentrate, and 800 milligrams of marijuana edibles. Users can only possess up to a 90-day supply of cannabis at once.
Federal land is off limits
Cannabis is legal in the State of New Mexico; however, it is still federally illegal. That said, it is unlawful to consume or possess cannabis on federal lands, such as a national park or forest in New Mexico.
No public consumption
New Mexico laws restrict the consumption of cannabis to private properties. It is illegal to consume marijuana in public unless in a designated consumption area.
Don't Drive High
Just like Alcohol, driving under the influence of cannabis is Illegal and can result in a DUI
Sativa strains tend to promote creativity and functionality and lead to a more productive buzz. However, because of its cerebral effect, some consumers find Sativa strains to lead to paranoia and anxiety.
Indica strains generally provide a sense of deep body relaxation and are believed to be physically sedating, perfect for relaxing with a movie or as a nightcap before bed.
Hybrid cannabis strains are a blend of Sativa and Indica families and are usually broken into three categories: Sativa-dominant, Indica dominant, and 50/50 hybrids. Hybrid strains are frequented by consumers looking for a nice balance between the two.
Your Title Goes Here
– Most prominent cannabinoid
Your Title Goes Here
Your Title Goes Here
– Highly sedative
– Often found in indicas
Your Title Goes Here
– Chemical parent of THC and CBD
Dosage: Everyone is different
Start with low doses to avoid over consumption. Edibles can take up to 4 hours to take effect. Do not mix cannabis with any other substances. In a case of overconsumption, contact the Colorado Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222
– A common term used to refer to Cannabis. Originating by 5 high school students in California who were on a mission to find secret cannabis grow and met outside their school at 4:20 pm every day. Now April 20th is considered a cannabis holiday and a common day for cannabis events and celebrations.
– The heating element in a vape pen that turns the cannabis oil into vapor which can then be inhaled.
– A small dish made of either quartz or glass that fits on to a dab rig. Cannabis concentrates are dropped into the dish and vaporized to then be inhaled. Bangers are a popular choice of dab rig extensions because all of the product stays in the dish rather than some seeping into the down stem of the rig.
– Also known as a Water pipe, a bong is a filtration smoking device that has a base at the bottom to fill with water, a bowl that usually detaches from the piece and long mouthpiece. Bongs are very popular because the water filters the smoke for a smooth hit.
– The dish that you load cannabis flower in either in a pipe or bong.
– This term usually refers to extra potent products that people will put on top the cannabis flower loaded in a bowl. Popular bowl toppers are Kief and wax concentrates.
– A blunt used to refer to cannabis flower that had been rolled in a cigar wrap, but with the legalization of Cannabis there are alternative blunt wraps now made from tea leaves instead of tobacco leaves.
– Cannabinoids are chemicals found in Cannabis. Popular cannabinoids include THC and CBD.
– A shortened term for “carburetor”, often refers to a small hole on the side of a pipe that is covered when inhaling and released to clear out the smoke of the chamber of a pipe.
– In reference to dab rigs, carb caps are small covers for the dish that concentrates are loaded into. The carb cap covers the dish while inhaling and then released to clear the smoke out the dab rig.
– A pre-filled container filled with THC or CBD oil that is put on a special battery to vaporize the oil. A cartridge is the top half of a vape pen that contains the cannabis product.
– This term refers to a bowl of flower that has been completely burned through. People will say “that bowl is cashed”, meaning there is not fresh flower left to burn.
– CBD stands for Cannabidiol and is a popular chemical, or cannabinoid, found in cannabis. CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning it doesn’t necessarily get people “high”. CBD studies have shown to have anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety, and seizure suppressant properties.
– In Colorado recreational dispensaries, chocolate bars are often 100mg of THC in the whole bar, with 10mg squares for easy dosing.
– This term refers to a joint, often one specifically in a cone shape.
– Concentrates are usually loaded onto a hot banger or nail, while with cold-start dabs the product is loaded onto a room temperature banger or nail and then heated afterwards. As soon as the product starts vaporizing it can be inhaled. This method is becoming more popular because it doesn’t require as much butane and is less harsh on the lungs.
– Also called Crystalline, Crystals are the isolated form of a certain cannabinoid into a concentrate that looks like little diamonds or rock crystals. Also referred to as THC crystals.
– A slang term for cannabis concentrates.
– Can refer to a pen that is loaded manually with cannabis concentrates or a cartridge/battery pen combo.
– The process of activating the cannabinoids to become psychoactive. For example, THCa must have heat applied to decarboxylate the chemical to become THC which is then psychoactive.
– An old term referenced to a $10 bag of cannabis. This term is not referenced much in the legal cannabis industry.
– A shortened term for “Dispensary”.
– A vape pen that is an all-in-one battery and cartridge that can be thrown away after one use. The cartridge usually cannot be taken off or refilled and the battery cannot be recharged.
– A slang term for a joint.
– The down stem is a circular glass piece that connects the bowl to the bong (waterpipe) or rig.
– Short for electronic nail, and E-nail is usually an attachment to a glass piece that is plugged into the wall. A temperature can be set and the heat up is quick, usually a minute or so. E-nails are appealing because there is no butane involved in heating up the nail.
– Short for electronic rig, and E-rig is often an easy to transport rig that has a heating element built into it so all you have to do it press a button to start the heating element.
– The cannabis plant has flowers that we call the calyxes, or the bud. The cannabis we see in dispensaries is dried and cured cannabis “flowers”.
– A slang term referring to cannabis deriving from the Sanskrit language.
– The term Kief refers to the crystal formations on the tip of the resin glands on the Cannabis plant, it contains terpenes and cannabinoids
– A device that produces a small flame.
– A cannabis concentrate that gets its name from the freshly harvested plants that are used to make the concentrate.
– Originating from Latin American Spanish this is an old reference to cannabis.
– Often made of quartz or titanium, a nail is a small glass piece that cannabis concentrates are loaded onto. A nail is attached to a dab rig and has a quartz or glass dome that is put over the nail to trap the vapor to then be inhaled.
– Also known as a perc, Percolators are an extra water chamber for filtering smoke.
– Refers to the extraction process that involves heat and pressure to obtain the resinous sap that is secreted from the cannabis flower. This method of extraction is popular because it’s solventless and doesn’t require butane, propane, or alcohol to extract the THC.
– A sticky compound secreted by plants, on the Cannabis plant the resin is secreted in the trichomes where the cannabinoids and terpenes are.
– Cannabis salve is a topical that can be directly applied to certain areas of pain. Topicals do not soak into the bloodstream or offer psychoactive effects.
– A slang term referring to small bits of cannabis that might accidentally be inhaled when smoking a pipe.
– A glass-like consistency concentrate is often extracted with CO2, Butane, or Propane.
– A medium-sized pipe resembling the iconic tobacco piece that Sherlock Holmes often smoked.
– A slang term for “smoke session” or smoking with a group of friends.
– Referring to smaller pipes that have big bowls and skinny and long mouthpiece, the most common pipe that resembles the shape of a spoon.
– Often a liquid or small mint is placed under the tongue to be absorbed into the bloodstream. Sublingual’s have a faster absorption rate and are a popular choice for those using cannabis medically.
– A sugar-like consistency concentrate is often extracted with CO2, Butane, or Propane.
– An applicator that contains THC cannabis oil that can be applied to bowls, joints, or dab rigs. Cannabis syringes do not penetrate the skin or inject THC oil like a medical syringe, they are simply an applicator to better manage the viscous cannabis oil.
– Organic compounds found in plants that produce aroma and flavor.
– The most popular cannabinoid, short for tetrahydrocannabinol, is the chemical responsible for most of the psychoactive effects of cannabis.
– A tool is a small long piece of metal or sometimes quartz or glass, that is used to handle concentrates. Also referred to as a “dab tool”.
– Often similar to cigar torches, a torch is a small powerful lighter that is used to heat bangers or nails on a dab rig. A torch is an essential tool for dabbing if someone doesn’t have an electronic device, as the average lighter won’t get the glass hot enough to melt concentrates.
– A transdermal refers to a patch that is applied to a vein filled area of the body such as the foot or wrist, and the cannabinoids absorb into the bloodstream.
– A wax-like consistency concentrate is often extracted with CO2, Butane, or Propane.
– A slang word for an ounce of cannabis flower.
– A long pipe with a skinny mouthpiece, a reference to the popular Lord of the Rings character, Gandalf, who often smoked a long pipe.
– When a bowl is loaded, the “Greens” refer to the flower that has not yet been burned with the lighter. It’s a polite gesture to offer someone “greens”, the fresh bowl that has not yet been burned.
– In Colorado recreational dispensaries, packs of gummies are often 100mg of THC in the whole jar, with 10mg a gummy for easy dosing. Some might reference them as “gummy bears”, but in the state of Colorado THC edibles cannot resemble children’s candy.
– Indents in the long stem of a bong (waterpipe) that stops ice from falling down into the base. Ice-catchers filter the smoke through the ice for a smooth cold hit.
– A reference to a joint mixed with something more potent such as Kief or concentrates.
– Cannabis rolled into a paper that can be lit at the end and smoked.
– A cannabis nug that has been soaked in Cannabis oil and rolled in Kief. Kaviar is much more potent and some consider it a concentrate.